call for applications
facilitator for the digital cohort of takween's product design fellowship program
Extended deadline: 21.02.2023
We are looking for a single facilitator for the digital product design cohort of our nine-month (February – October) takween Product Design Fellowship program. The program will equip 25 emerging designers, creatives and entrepreneurs from various backgrounds such as architecture, fashion, product or design who are based in either Jordan with the knowledge and guidance to develop and apply sustainable materials in various contexts and turn their ideas for needed solutions in the Jordanian Design industry.
The program will be delivered in two cohorts of 12 - 13 designers each. One cohort has a focus on physical product design, and the other has a focus on digital product design (UI/UX design). We aim to hire a facilitator for the digital cohort with relevant expertise in the field of digital product design.
The facilitator will be in charge of accompanying the participants throughout nine months of an intensive training program as well as provide guidance throughout the training and internship phases. There will be more than 25 sessions of around 3h each, in addition to field trips and mentoring sessions during the program.
Details tasks and responsibilities:
- Suggest potential trainers and mentors from your network in Jordan and/or abroad.
- Put the trainers selected by the Goethe-Institut Amman in contact with each other in order to synchronize the modules before the start of the program. This will also function as a moment to discuss the trainer’s content-related questions.
- Select participants as part of an expert Jury.
- Lead the participants through the training program by facilitating the sessions.
- Introducing each module and each trainer to the participants and linking the modules on a content level for the participants to gain a better understanding of their learning journey.
- Conducting small group games to stir a group bond.
- Being present in all sessions, and when necessary to facilitate the learning, e.g. asking questions to the expert trainer where the participants do not see links yet.
- Establishing a feedback format with the participants to ensure that they are on track.
- Establishing a feedback format with the trainer to discuss the learning development of the participants and adjust the pace of the module where necessary.
- Identifying and adapting content gaps together with the trainer.
- Supervising the working group sessions and mentoring sessions from a content perspective.
- Support matching the participants to the internship places and provide the participants with learning advice for their internship.
- Deliver a final evaluation report with an evaluation of the learning development of the participants during the two phases
Who can apply?
- Experts from the field of digital design with at least three years of work experience
- Background in teaching and facilitation.
- A Master degree in a relevant field.
- Fluency in English is requirement, Arabic is an advantage
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send the following documents (in English) by Tuesday, February 21st 2023 to email@example.com
- A brief text about your interest in this project (250-500 words).
- A facilitation plan to link the sessions and modules together, including an outline of methods, documentation structure, and suggested activities.
- A price quotation for facilitating one of the cohorts
The applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Price quotation.
- Quality of quotation, including offered materials and modules.
- Experience in facilitation.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications.